This pass is recommended for those who want to enjoy a simple visit to the world heritage sites in Nikko; Nikko Toshogu Shrine, Futarasan Shrine, and NIkkozan Rinnoji Temple. This exclusive pass, only for those who are visiting Japan from foreign countries, is very convenient as you can take both buses and trains only with it. You can take those for MAX 550 yen cheaper than a normal price and purchase the ticket for the Limited Express SPACIA at 20% off. It also comes with privileges at facilities and souvenir shops in the Nikko / Kinugawa Onsen area.
You can receive privileges by showing your Tobu Discount Pass at shops with this sticker.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Validity Period: 2 Days
- Works as a round trip ticket between Tobu Asakusa Station and Shimoimaichi Station.
- Works as a train pass for the free section of Tobu Railway (Shimoimaichi - Tobu Nikko / Shin-Fujiwara Station)
- Works as a pass for the free section; between JR Nikko Station - Tobu Nikko Station - Rengeishi, and between Tobu Nikko Station - Nishisando - (2 Shrines and 1 Temple) - Hotel Seikoen Mae - Tobu Nikko Station.
- A separate ticket for a limited express train is required to take an express train.
- Only 1 round trip train ride is allowed between Asakusa and Shimoimaichi Station (you can get off on the way, at Tokyo Skytree Station or Tochigi Station).
- Common Admission Tickets for Shrines and Temples in Nikko are not included.
- JR express trains of inter-connected through service are not included.
Time required for example
Rapid / Section Rapid
Only a discount pass or a local train ticket is required to take these trains.
2 Hours 10 Min. From Asakusa to Tobu Nikko
2 Hours 20 Min. From Asakusa to Kinugawa Onsen
- Section Rapid
2 Hours 40 Min. From Asakusa to Tobu Nikko
2 Hours 50 Min. From Asakusa to Kinugawa Onsen
Limited Express SPACIA
In addition to a discount pass or a local train ticket, a separate ticket for a limited express train is required. When purchased with either of the 3 discount passes, a ticket for a limited express train will be 20% off of the normal price.
- Limited Express SPACIA
1 Hour 50 Min. From Asakusa to Tobu Nikko
2 Hours from Asakusa to Kinugawa Onsen
This is a special SPACIA specially decorated for the memory of the 400 year Shikinentaisai Memorial Ceremony held at Nikko Toshogu Shrine, the world heritage.
Even from Shinjuku, express trains to Nikko are available.